It was a fun weekend. My parents visited this weekend for the College World Series. The last time they were in town was for the Husker v. Mizzou football game in October. So we had to plan another event for their visit. The CWS was perfect for it.
I ended up buying tickets from a coach I work with. His family has own 4 season tickets for 20 years. They sell the tickets to the games they can't attend at the ticket price. I'm glad I waited and didn't buy marked up tickets on Craig's List. We went to Game 1: Cal St Fullerton v. Arkansas. The Hogs sure did show up to play on Saturday afternoon. Cal St on the other hand did not. The fans were awesome! There were a lot of fan that made the trip to see them. I only saw one Hog hat. You know like corn cob ones crazy Husker fans wear. There was a cute little girl who had a pink Hog dress one. It was a kids cheer outfit.
My parents also found Mr. B a set of hand-me down clubs from my late uncle. (Thanks BB for the clubs.) We played a short 9-holes on Sunday afternoon before my parents left. Mr. B wants to play again.
The rest of the weekend was filled with food. We ate out the entire time from Friday night dinner to Sunday brunch. I'll have to weight myself this afternoon when I work out. We were able to take my parents to a few favorite places that they've never been before including Dundee Dell and Granite City for brunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment