Friday, June 12, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday





1. Weekend plans: My parents are visiting this weekend for the College World Series. This will be their first time to a CWS game. I've been in Omaha for 3 years now and they haven't been able to visit during this exciting time. I'm sorry I just had to visit my sister in Prague (2007) and get married last year (2008). But now we're available for you to visit. We plan on going to Game 1: Cal St Fullerton v. Arkansas. We don't have tickets yet. We'll figure that out when we get down to the stadium.


2. This morning on my way to work they reported on the hotel reservations in the area for the CWS. They are down 1-3% or flat from last year. I believe this is in direct correlation to the economy. People are not going on summer vacations or following their team to the "best show on dirt." This doesn't look good for the new stadium set to open with more seats summer 2011.


3. Last Saturday night was the Knights of Columbus banquet. Mr. B and I were really glad we attended the event. We started with a Rosary, Mass, a nice social gathering of other Knights and their wives. Plus some awesome food. Being a new Knight, we learned a lot about the organized and how we can get involved in the program more. That was very helpful on where to jump in. However, Mr. B didn't go to the monthly meeting last night. He had just returned from a conference that afternoon. He stayed home to spend time with me and help with the house. (My parents are visiting, see #1).
4. I will report that I didn't go to Adoration on Tuesday evening. This is the first time that I missed. Please let me explain why. I get home Tuesday evening from work and I smell something in the basement. Well I make my way upstairs to change, eat dinner and while a little RR I forget about it. Then I make my way back downstairs to get something before I left and I smell it again. Well I end up finding that the rugs in the utility room were soaked plus some other random stuff in the room. But there was no standing water. I called Mr. B who was in at the conference and told him then ask him what to do. He suggested I see if our neighbor plumber was home to check it out. Well he was able to come over and see our basement. His conclusion was that something got clogged and then was able to break it self free. The good thing was that our nice area of the basement wasn't touched by the water. I proceed to clean up the mess and stay drying stuff out. I didn't get finished until after my Adoration time. With the 10 minute drive to church, I decided to stay home for the evening. I did say a Rosary during this time to claim me down. I think it helped. No more flooding has been in our basement.
5. Work is picking up! I like it.
6. Please pray for "GP". He is the father-in-law of my dad's best friend from college. He past away this week. He had been sick for the last year or so. He was 90 years old. He was just the happiest old man and we'll really miss GP in our lives. Also please pray for his daughter and rest of his family. They have all becoming close family friends of ours the past few years.
7. And my favorite online clip of the week. Yes, it's another Jimmy Fallon one. You've got to check it out. If you grew up in the early 90's you'll totally love it!
Bonus: Since there are several new readers to my blog this week I thought I should explain "7 Quick Tales by Conversion Diary". Jennifer the author of this blog. It's her journey of her conversion from atheist to Catholic. Check her 7 Quick Tales plus many others at Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the games

Lerin said...

Congrats on your little one coming! Very exciting. :)