Being able to walk into my door after a long day and be ready to eat right away is a joy of mine. No, I'm not speaking of my husband cooking for me. However, Mr. B does a fairly good job and starting dinner. I won't complain about that. But on the other hand it is just nice to start up the crock-pot before we leave for work and it's ready in a few short hours. Last winter, I received a Weight Watchers crock-pot cookbook from Beckie on stlwed.com. There are over a hundred different things you could do with your crock-pot and still not get bored. Andy and I are known for always changing it up a bit.
So this weeks experiment: Italian Chicken
What ya need:
2 large frozen chicken breast
3-4 fresh tomatoes
2 medium size green pepper
1 large red pepper
1 medium onion
mushrooms
black olives
Italian Seasonings
Black Pepper to taste
What ya do:
Cut it up all veggies and throw it in the crock-pot with the chicken. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Chicken shreds nicely after that long. And you can get 4 meals out of this. It's yummy with a side of angel hair garlic/butter pasta.
Oh the joys of using a crock-pot.
1 comment:
this is such a newlywed post... :)
Post a Comment