Friday, June 20, 2008

RSVP Date

As many bride-to-be are aware...people have know clue about an RSVP date. Therefore, I prepared for people being late. Our response deadline was Sunday, June 15. Yes, a Sunday and I know mail doesn't move on Sundays. However, my idea was that people would put them in the mail over the weekend and we'd receive them some time this week. We have two weeks until we have to give the final count to Andre's. So we're still okay. I'm not stressing about people coming or not coming to our wedding. We've met our minimum and were okay on capacity. There is no need to call the Fenton Fire Department just yet.

There are a few stories I'd like to share with you on people that are available make it to the wedding.

First is Andy's uncle and God Father. This is an important person in Andy's life and will do anything to be at the wedding. He lives in Lincoln and we have not received his RSVP. So I was chatting with FMIL about her brother. She wasn't surprised that we hadn't received the noticed. But says that he'll be there. Then proceeds to tell me that he is flying down to STL for the wedding just for the day because the RAGBRAI starts the next day. For non-Iowans that a week long bike trip across Iowa. I'm told it's a big deal. I requested that she double check with her brother because of the flights and see that he will be able to make it to the reception. It makes a big deal in the count for food and seating.
Well his uncle will be flying from Omaha to STL early on Saturday. Then attending our wedding Mass. Then returning to the airport to fly back to Omaha to get ready for the bike ride. OMG! that is a lot of traveling just for a wedding and a bike ride.

Another one is my dad's cousin who lives in Tenn. We invited him and his wife. They have 3 adult kids. I am not close with my cousins because we've never lived in the same city. So they were not invited. Well we received their response card back with "4 attending" and only 2 names listed on the card. Who are the other 2 people???? Luckily my dad is attending a family party next weekend. He'll do some investigation to figure it out.

Right now we might have to make close to a 80 contacts to see if people are planning on attending. I will divide these out to my mom, Andy's mom, Andy, and me. Hopefully, we'll receive a few more today and tomorrow - less I have to contact.

No comments: