With many of the STLwed.com gals sharing recipes I thought I would join in. Yesterday with Easter I made two things I thought you would enjoy to share with your family.
For breakfast, Andy and I made my dad's garbage eggs. Sounds gross, I know. But it's really good. They aren't your normal scrambled eggs.
Dad's Garbage Eggs, guide the amount of stuff per person.
eggs
milk
meat- like sausage, turkey or ham
veggies - like tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, carrots, onions, black olives
cheese
spices- black pepper, garlic, onion, Italian Seasoning, etc
Directions:
cook meat in a skillet
add in whatever veggies you have available
mix eggs and milk in a separate bowl add to cook meat and veggies
add in seasonings
when eggs are all most done add the cheese and turn off the skillet
once cheese is melted enjoy!
Then for Easter Dinner I brought a salad with homemade dressing.
Homemade Dressing:
2oz of Red Wine Vinegar
2oz of Balsamic Vinegar
3-4oz of EVOO
1 pack of Splenda
Italian Seasoning
Garlic seasoning
Onion Power/Salt
Parmigiana
Mix well and pour over salad. I don't know how much you put of anything. Just experiment and enjoy. It always turns out different, but every good.
As I was creating the homemade salad dressing last night I started to laugh. This is how my DAD cooks. He never uses a recipe or has a clue what is going on in the kitchen. He just cooks. I've taken a lot of things I do in the kitchen from my dad. So thanks, Dad for teaching me how to be a good cook. And thanks God, for make sure Andy isn't a picky eater. Because if he was then I don't think he would eat much with me in the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment