This winter is really, really long and I ready to head into Spring! On March 1, 2007, Omaha Metro had a HUGE snow storm. So we're really not that far off in time this year. However, I think we're received more snow amounts. In fact, overnight we're predicted to get a "dusting" of MORE SNOW!
Next weekend is Palm Sunday and it doesn't feel like Easter will be here before we know it. It is way to cold outside for Easter. However, this is the earliest Easter can ever be.
Good things to look forward to in the spring:
1. Spring Break! As a student services professional, I don't get a "spring break" like students and teachers. We are here all the time. Yes, I said all the time. However, it's nice to give the students a break.
2. Flowers! I love them.
3. No sweaters! I love my sweaters in the fall & winter. However, it is time for them to be packed up and put away for the season.
4. Skirts. Now who doesn't love to wear a cute skirt once in a while? I love wearing skirts when it is warm outside. I hate it when it's cold. Thus the reason I don't wear them in winter if I don't have to.
5. Longer daylight. It seems people are happier and more active when the sun is out. I know Andy is totally different in spring/summer than with the cold winter months. I don't think we could live in a place with little sunlight.
Well those are just somethings to look forward to as the days get longer and the weather finally get better. Yes, I know I'll be complaining about the extremely hot days in July/August. I live in the Mid-West, this is what you get!
What are you looking forward to this spring?
No comments:
Post a Comment