
My grandparents are very important people in my life. As the oldest grandchild, I've had the great opportunity to spend time with them. Grandma would take me shopping and the McDonald's regularly as a kid. I loved spending time with them both. I'm truly blessed to have wondering grandparents.
However, now they are older and wearing down. My grandpa is 88 years old and grandma is 84 years old. They've lived a long and healthily life. The last few years having been very good. I don't get to spend as much time with them now because I live in Omaha. Grandpa fell a few weeks ago and he was put into an nursing home so he would have more care. Grandma stayed in their assisted living apartment. I know they don't like to be without each other. Both of them are sick right now because they don't drink water. I know they are not going to stay alive forever on this Earth. But please pray for their health and to crave the water!
The only picture I have (with me) is of my grandma, mom, sister, and me at Red Lobster this Fall. Emily isn't wearing red. She didn't get the memo.
No comments:
Post a Comment