Friday, March 6, 2009

7 Quick Takes



1. Tonight we're hosting game night at our house. There are about 20 people coming over to play games and have a great time.


2. Game Night isn't your normal games. Our friend, Marcus, is a gamer-freak. I totally mean that in the nicest way. He goes to gaming conventions for fun and picks up the oddest games. These are not video games. Like old school board games. I'm curious of what he has to bring tonight.


3. Having people over to our house means that we had to clean it. Like a full blown schedule it into the planner clean the house. Just about every "free" moment we've had since Sunday afternoon has been spent cleaning the house. It wasn't fun, but it had to be done. The house needed to be cleaned because I've disregarded doing the daily maintenance since the last time we cleaned for people (Super Bowl).


4. I've made a personal commitment to my husband that I will do the daily maintenance on the house (with his help). Stephanie from my favorite blog: crockpot365.blogspot.com has developed a new website with a plan to keep the house presentable on a daily. With the house in order (due to game night), I will post Stephanie's 7 Habits for Highly Successful Households on the frig to remind me to do them until they become habit.


7 Habits for Highly Successful Households:


1. Make the Beds Right Away - I've always done this. So easy one!

2. Do One Complete Load of Laundry - there are only 2 people in our house currently. I might not need to do one each day. But completely what I started is a good thing. I'm bad at that.

3. Empty all Garbage Cans - we don't create that much waste with 2 people. But I do need to keep a better watch on it.

4. Keep Your Kitchen Sink Empty - I heart this one! For some reason I've never been able to function with a filled sink. This goes along with unloading the dishwasher right away.

5. Clean Up After Yourself - This will be the hardest for me. I'm know for leaving stuff out and around everywhere. I like to leave the mail on the kitchen table to come to it later. I've got to go through the mail right away and don't let it sit until whenever I have time to go through it.

6. Bathroom Wipe-Down - Our bathroom gets messing daily. So this is something I look forward to improving our marriage. We only have one bathroom.

7. Before Bed 10 minute clean-up: Once I'm in bed I forget to what I have left out during the day. I've got to get into the habit of walking through the house to make sure everything is go to go. For example, Mr. B found the electric blanket half on while cleaning Wednesday evening. I have no idea how long it was on. If we would have done a 10-minute clean up that wouldn't have happen.


Now this doesn't mean that our house is perfect, but it's at least a shoot to help us out.


5. Yes, I'm one of those people for Lent. I gave up Facebook. Do I miss it? No, not really. I have a lot of stuff going on in my life that I don't need to be watching people on Facebook.


6. Per Jennifer suggestion (the gal who started this 7 Quick Takes), I picked up a book for Lent. I've started to read St. Francis de Sales' Introduction to a Devote Life. I needed something more during Lent to prepare me for Easter. So far so good! I'm really glad Jennifer gave some Lenten suggestions.


7. Spring is almost here. It was 70 degrees yesterday and today it's just as good. Loving it!!!! Now I just need a day off where I don't have to spend the beautiful day inside. At least I have a window.


Check out Jennifer's 7 Quick Takes at ConversionDiary.com for Jennifer's and other 7 Quick Takes around the blogs. (PS. She had a beautiful baby girl this week)
Now it's your turn? What's happening in your life?

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and giving me a few tips on finding a church.

I love your housekeeping list, I need to implement something like that at our house and make it a priority.

Do you review books that you read? I've read a few posts now that mention Introduction to a Devout Life and have been meaning to check it out.