A few weeks ago I went to my dermatologist for a check up on my meds. I blogged about my experience about her doing a biopsy on my ear lobe. Well I finally got the results this week.
The nurse said that it was "pre-cancerous cells". So I need to come in and have it looked and she might burn the rest off. However the strange part is the biopsy has helped the lobe heal. I'm not kidding it looks like a normal ear lobe. So I have no clue what she is going to burn off. But there could be something under the skin that they'll have to keep a watchful eye on.
I guess I feel better that it was "pre-cancerous" v. really cancer. If I didn't have my check-up then I don't know how bad it would have gotten and where would I be today. I'm going back to her office on Nov 19. So until then I'll be putting Vitamin E on it to help the scaring.
thanks for all your cares and prayers.
6 comments:
I will be thinking of you and crossing my fingers! :)
See, that's what check-ups are for! I'm glad you're ok, and that your dr is keeping an eye on you.
On a completely non-relate side note, my salesman at Dave Sinclair is named Dan Bagy. I've been remembering his last name all week by thinking of your dad - B(ruce) (H)agy - his name all squished together! And I'm generally decent with first names as a job requirement, so I'm set. Thought you might find that funny. :)
I'm so glad it wasn't cancer and that they caught it in time to keep an eye on it! Congrats!
Whew, what a relief. Kudos to you for being brave enough to go in!
Oh I hope it all works out. Good for you for going to get it checked! I had never heard of doing that with vitamin E - good to know.
Katie
good to hear
Post a Comment