
This year is our FIRST holiday season as Mr. & Mrs. B. We have a home together and share a life. Well, I've had the brilliant idea of hosting Thanksgiving Dinner at our home for his dad's family the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Mr. B's step-sister is a nurse, his brother is working on T-Day, and we're traveling to Thanksgiving to celebrate with my family plus my grandpa's 90th birthday.
As of right now, it is working out to host THE event or really our first event as husband and wife. Well Mr. B is on board with the idea. He knows that I'm crazy and most likely expected this was coming sometime.
So where are we at... well we've invited everyone to the dinner. We haven't officially set a start time. Yesterday, we created a menu and a list of items we needed to host such an event at our home. We did pick up a turkey at Hy-Vee a few days ago because it was such a great price. And this weekend, when I was at the store I picked up things that I knew we would need to make the event easier (ex. gravy, no my mom doesn't make gravy or even taught me).
Our trip to Target last night was eventful. We got to use a lot of wedding gift cards to purchase things like an electric knife that is used maybe twice a year, a fancy table clothe to extend our dinning room table, and bulbs for the kitchen lights because they have been out for a while....
Now to the big question... How do I roast a turkey??? I'm thinking of using our electric roaster and then have the oven free for other stuff. If you have any turkey tips please share. My parents normally smoke their turkey at Thanksgiving. We do have their old smoker, but we need more practice on it than at such a big event.
So please help a newly wed out... please let your suggestions on roasting a turkey.
2 comments:
lol - this is exactly why I will not be hosting Thanksgiving at my house anytime soon! I have NO CLUE how to roast a turkey... I'll stick with Christmases or something until you figure this out and can teach me! Good luck!
I can't help you with tips but, that does sound exciting! I'm sure it'll go well. Personally, if I did this, I'd take out my Betty Crocker book and see what they have to say. :)
Post a Comment