Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's for dinner?

Bottom line: I read a lot of food blogs. I like cooking and exploring my skills as a cook.

So Turkey Day is almost here. And I bet you're wondering what could I be fixing for our first officially holiday meal. Well....

Here is our menu so far:
Turkey
Stuffing - I haven't decided on a recipe yet
Dixie's Mash Potatoes (a gal from work & I'll be sharing after I make it)
Twiced-Bake Sweet Potatoes
Orange-Cranberry Sauce - I hate traditional cranberries and they taste like the can. So I got this one from a guy at work at few years ago. And I'd like to share it with you.


Orange- Cranberry Sauce

2 bags of ocean spray cranberries
1 can of slice mandarin oranges
2-4 whole cloves
cinnamon to taste
1/2 can OJ concentrate
1 1/2 cups of sugar
4 cups of water

on the stove top

dissolve sugar into waterput in berries & clovesbring to a boil until they pop (this will be messy)then stir and reduce heat
add cinnamon
add OJ
add oranges
my directions say to taste to test cinnamon, but i never do b/c it's really hot
let the water cook off a lot, I'd say about 20-30m until it thickens uptaste and adjust
pour into bowl & refrigerate.
Can be make no more than 2 days in advance of serving.

No comments: