Friday, October 17, 2008

The C-word...

Don't freak out.... because I haven't yet and I'm not going to today.

This morning I went to see my dermatologist for a check-up because she changed my meds right after the wedding. Everything was fine except I told her about my ear lobe. There has been this zit thing that I have been picking for about a month. (Yes I know that's bad habit.) It's been hurting and I just wanted to get rid of it.

She gave me two options. 1. To try to stop picking it and let it heal. If it isn't healed in about a month come back and we can do a biopsy to test if it's a basal cell. OR 2. do the biopsy today and we can find out in 2 weeks if it's a basal cell or just a bad zit.

Basal cell is CANCER! But my doctor said if I did have a "c-word" it's the "best kind to have". Okay so I decided to get it done while I was already there. So hopefully, in 2 weeks we'll know what this thing is on my ear.

Ok, that my post for today...

2 comments:

Amanda, Mandy, Manda, Tomato said...

YIKES!! Hope everything comes out ok. Stop picking at it!

Julia Goolia said...

I hope it's absolutely nothing, but trust me...I know this is still scary. Hang in there!