Wednesday, July 9, 2008

baseball & wedding

I have always loved baseball, especially the St Louis Cardinals. My wonderful Omaha-native finance doesn't love baseball as much as me. However, he does put up with my obsession with the Cardinals. And I'm learning to love the Huskers. Even if I cheer on Mizzou or K-State when they play the Huskers. I enjoy college football and sports in general so we get along pretty well when we watch sports. I'm still working on the college basketball appreciation of March Madness. Give me time.



But a little know fact about this die-hard Cards fan.....my first major league game was not a Cardinals game. Shocking, I know. Of all teams it was the Royals! Yes, the KC Royals. I've never lived in KC and I'm not quiet sure why my parents (also Cards fans) took me to a Royals game. But As you can see from my expression, I'm enjoying watching the game with my family. Game was in July of 1984. We had really close seats on the third base side. I only know this because of other photos that were taken during the game.





As a good Cardinal fan, I'm super excited to include the Cardinals in the wedding weekend!!! Next Friday night we have group tickets with our family and friends to enjoy the baseball game the night before the wedding.



Some of you might think I'm crazy for going to the game. But the way I see it, I can't do anything more the night before the wedding and whatever is done will be done by the time of the first pitch.


What are you doing might be a little crazy to include in your wedding weekend?

No comments: