I guess I can say Memorial Day Weekend was a huge success. I moved! My apartment lease is up on Saturday and I had to be out. With the wedding just a few short weeks away, I've moved into my future mother-in-law's basement for 6 weeks. Andy and I did not want to live together before we were married. We wanted to hold true to this tradition and his mom and step-dad has made it easy for us.
Last fall, FMIL offered for me to stay at their house to save some money before the wedding. We all know that weddings are expensive and we weren't going to take the easy way out and move in together. My lease ends at the end of May and I had no time to move out before that. So Memorial Day would be the opportunity to do so. Andy was a huge help of getting the crap out of my apartment and moved out this weekend. I only moved a few things over to his mom's; clothes and my bed. Everyone thinks I'm crazy by moving my bed. However, I needed to feel comfortable and having my own bed was going to do that. I've slept well the last two nights. So moving my bed was totally worth it!
Now the biggest adventure awaits: our living room. No I'm not going to post pics of what it looks like. Because you don't want to see it and I don't want to remember it after it is cleaned up. All my other stuff is in our living room. And I mean everything!!! You can't move around in the living room. There is even over flow downstairs in the entertainment room and the spare bedroom. However, the spare had shower gifts in it too. We have a lot of stuff for 2 people. To top this off my Omaha shower is on Sunday. That means my parents and sister are headed to Omaha. I'm so thankful that they are not planning to stay at our house. They are going to crash at my future mother-in-laws! They have a big house with plenty of room for 3 extra people.
On the dock for this week: clean my oven and mop the floor - turn over keys; mani/pedi; visit the salon; clean up the house and take stuff to be donated. Then we might go see Indy on Friday night before my parents get to Omaha. Let's see how the house looks at 5pm on Friday night.
Then Saturday night is my bachelorette party!!! We're going pole dancing then out drinking! I'm super excited for this grand time out with the gals. The guys are going out Saturday too. It should be a fun filled week and I'll be right back to work before I know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment