Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Official....

The invitations for OUR wedding are in the mail!!!!!


Yes, that is right. Please know when to show up for our wedding and there is "no turning back." Not like we would. I love Andy with all my heart and I can't wait to be his wife. These next few weeks and days will go by super fast. I'm excited to see who our first RSVP will be from. I bet his mother. She is so on top of things.


BTW- I just wanted to give a quick review of my invitation designer and calligrapher.

Invitations were created by Alaun by Design in the Omaha Metro area. Merissa and her staff are awesome to work with. They did an excellent job and I couldn't be more happy with our invitations. Plus her prices are awesome!!!! You really do get a great deal for what you are spending on your invitations. I know many people's philosophy is that it's just paper and people are going to throw them away. So I didn't want to spend tons of money on my invitations. However, I did want the "cheap" look to invitations that people do what to throw away. Merissa was the perfect option for us. I recommend Alaun by Design.


As for my calligrapher, that was a family friend Barbie. My mom did not want us to use labels or hand write the invitation addresses her self. So when she suggested that she wanted calligraphy my first thought was "isn't that expensive." Well we asked Barbie if she would do them as a wedding gift to Andy and I. She happily accepted and the invitations are beautiful! It's isn't true calligraphy. But I nice medium that the invitations will still get through the mail.

Barbie is now retired and lives in St Louis. She is flirting with the idea to take on more invitations orders, so if you're interested leave me a post with your email.


I'll be posting pics of invitations and the calligraphy on Monday. I want the receiver of the invitations to see them first. Please pray that the invitations arrive to the individuals and that those people that are meant to be at our wedding do RSVP and show up.



As for other major events in the family, my sister is graduating from K-State tomorrow! Andy and I are driving to Manhattan, KS after work tonight. We're just staying one night because her graduation is at 10am in the morning. She'll be receiving a Master in Architecture. This will be Em's only degree. The program is a 5-year Master's. Pretty cool, hun? Em has worked hard for her degree. And now my parents can celebrate that they do not have to make any more college payments. My dad is celebrating 8 years of college this weekend. He is super excited. Plus my sister has a job in St Louis. She'll be moving home to live with my parents. Good luck!!!


Here is a pic from my graduation in August 2006. I got a cool color hood. Em get purple. At least it's her favorite color.

1 comment:

Julia Goolia said...

Yay for official invites! And I had the same color hood at my graduation! Congrats on the progress:)