Friday, February 20, 2009

7 Quick Takes



1. There is something I can't talk about on this blog. However, it was good. Thank you for all the prayers. God was really working for me last night. If you really want to know, email me. Otherwise, you'll have to wait and see.

2. Lent is HERE! We went to a different church on Wednesday for Ash Wednesday for a variety of reasons including time. A very good start to the season.

3. The best news during Lent is that Fish Fries start TONIGHT! Yes, they do. I'm so ready for some good comfort food - fried fish, mac & cheese, potato balls (aka Footballs if you'd every been to the Lake of the Ozarks), and beer.

4. Sunday afternoon, Mr. B and I went to church for an information meeting on the Knights of Columbus. After the meeting, we had a few minutes and I suggested that we step into the adoration chapel to pray. The last month there has been a wipe-board with the current schedule to update the list of people who are scheduled for adoration. I have had several conversations with God that I needed to spend more time with Him one and one. I originally thought it was going to daily Mass. That never worked out right to get out the door for 6:20am Mass. And I was disappointed last time I was in adoration because there were no open slots available for me. Well, this time... 8pm on Tuesday was open and I could do it. So, I signed right up.

5. Tuesday, was my first time in my weekly adoration hour. It was great and the hour really flew bye. I was so excited to spend that hour with God - my best friend.

6. Wednesday at Mass, I really got baby fever. There I said it, are you happy now.

7. I'm really sure we're not pregnant.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: