Yes, it's been one month since I last posted. With the holidays our lives have been really busy and I haven't gotten around to posting. Not that you're not important, it's just there was so much other stuff going on in my life. I wanted to take the spare moments to prepare for Christ's coming with Christmas and enjoy our first married Christmas together.
So let me recap my last month for you....
Christmas - First Christmas Together
I think this "title" of Christmas 2008 sounds pretty funny. Because Mr. B and I have been "together" since Christmas 2006. That was a tough Christmas because Mr. B had shoulder surgery 5 days before Christmas. This was such a breeze. The only hard part is that we had to get out the Christmas decorations because we hosted the appetizers of the Progressive Supper 2 weeks before Christmas. It's nice to work with a time limit sometimes. The house was decorated and we had a great part of a party before the party-goers went to 2 other homes in the neighborhood for the rest of the meal.
As for Christmas with the family it was the same.
Christmas Eve: Mass & then Mr. B's dad
Christmas Day: Morning together, lunch with his mom's extended family, dinner with mom, step-dad & brothers
Christmas Eve: Mass & then Mr. B's dad
Christmas Day: Morning together, lunch with his mom's extended family, dinner with mom, step-dad & brothers
26th: Travel to STL to celebrate with my family & friends
Big news... next year we will not be in STL for Thanksgiving. Because Kate is getting married the week before in STL. So she is forcing us to switch it up. That will be different to wake up at my parents' home on Christmas morning 2009.
New Year's Eve
We returned home on Tuesday evening. Mr. B woke up sick at 3am! So we didn't go to the party on NYE. He felt well enough to go to church on New Year's Day at 11am. Then he went right back to bed. I never got sick. But I was for sure lazy with him.
Now it's Sunday evening. We've put away all the Christmas decorations and made lunches for our first day back to work in 2 weeks. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for all. Pray for us.
Happy New Year!!
1 comment:
yes, it was quite appropriate last week!
Post a Comment