Okay, I think people have stopped reading my blog. But I've had a few comments lately. I guess that is because I'm commenting on other blogs. I guess you deserve an update. Only fair, right?
Bottom line... Where have you been Mrs. B? BUSY!
September - well that was a long time ago. Augustine had sinus infection #3. We went to St. Louis for my 10 year high school reunion. My parents came for a visit. That's all I remember. Andy's birthday, 31 years old.
October - My favorite month of them all because it was my birthday. It was the first time I celebrated my 29th birthday. My Aunt Trish always counts from that day.
We visited the Pumpkin Barn with Grandpa and Nana Berthold.
Oma came for a visit to travel with Augustine and I to Des Monies for a conference.
My Grandma Hagy (Betty) was found (alive) on her kitchen floor October 26. It was originally believed to be a stroke. However, doctors now believe it was a seizure. We can't be sure because no one was there to witness it. She has been in the hospital, rehab and now a nursing home. The same nursing home Grandpa Hagy (Clyde) is in. They are not in the same room. Hopefully soon.
My parents and sister were planning to visit for the NU v. Mizzou football game. But plans changes once Grandma was put into the hospital.
The same weekend of the game, Augustine got croup on October 29. He had a fever and was put on steroids. It was a bad weekend. We ended up selling the tickets last minute to my brother-in-law and father-in-law. I was so glad the tickets got used.
I helped organized a PINK OUT game in support of the American Cancer Society at school. We raised over $2100 for the event. Not bad.
Started my education as a Fertility Care Practitioner with Creighton Model System. It was a week long class in Omaha. Now this year I'm an intern with the Fertility Care Center of Omaha at the Pope Paul VI Institute. I started taking clients in November.
November - Augustine and I traveled to STL for the NODAC Conference - National Orientation Directer Association. Augustine hung out with Oma, Papa Bruce, and Aunt Em while mommy worked. It was a great conference and I learned a lot. I was able to see all my grandparents on this trip for a short time. It's hard working, being a mommy, and living in STL. I can't do everything I once did in that short of time.
Augustine got 4th sinus infection! It was a result of the croup and his sinus not draining. Ears are still good. :)
Stomach flu rans through out house - Augustine, Daddy and then Mommy.
As you can see life is really busy around our house. Right now we're gearing up to travel to STL for Thanksgiving. Augustine will have 2 birthday parties: STL and Omaha. First one is Saturday at Oma and Papa's. It should be a great time. Then the following weekend, we'll have another edition in Omaha. My goal is to get the house decorated for Christmas before guest arrive. The tree is up in our front room. Yes, I admit it. I have my tree up before Thanksgiving. I had to people. It isn't decorated and I don't keep the lights on. But it's up. Now only if we can get it decorated and the house lights up before it snows.
Can you believe my little guy will be 1 in a week!?!?!?!?! Where did this year go?
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! :) If you ever need a babysitter, or if you ever want to satisfy my need to snuggle a baby, or if you just want to meet up with me and Mary (The Screllos), let me know! :)
Post a Comment